The GenIQ Model© Software: Benefits
BENEFITS (pdf file)
The following features of the GenIQ Model© directly translate into significant value-added benefits of the GenIQ Software (FAQs).
1. The GenIQ Model has maximum model lift, as its best-of-generation solution estimates the rank-order likelihood of response or contribution of profit.
Value-added: Greater response/profit – increased cost efficiency in DM programs.
2. The GenIQ Model is more reliable than the logistic and ordinary regression models because it lets the data suggest the equation form without any assumptions. The regression models require the rigid assumption of the equation form (sum of weighted predictor variables), and a host of other untenable assumptions.
Value-added: Greater model reliability – increased confidence in the predicted DM program results.
3. The GenIQ Model is automatically built in a timeframe favorably commensurate with the input file size. Model validation is quickly and easily performed.
Value-added: Greater rate per model built – increased human capital.
4. The GenIQ Model can serve as a productivity tool for data analysts who build models in the DM Space where maximizing model lift is the bottom-line objective.
Value-added: Greater productive labor – increased quantity of models built.
5. GenIQ Model can serve as a specialty tool for experts who want control over the individual processes: selecting among the important original variables, assessing the predictiveness of the newly data mined variables, and developing the best model with maximum model lift.
Value-added: Greater "creativity" afforded – increased quality of models built and individuality of human capital.
6. The GenIQ Model provides automatic data mining – an inherent by-product of the genetic programming methodology. Data analysts can export the genetically constructed variables into an independent model application.
Value-added: Presents a hybrid statistics-ML paradigm that yields a utile alternative for DM modeling. (See article A Hybrid Statistics-Machine Learning Paradigm for DM Modeling.)Thus, Dr. Ratner invented the assumption-free, nonparametric GenIQ Model©, which addresses the weaknesses of the statistical DM problem-solution, by using the machine learning (ML) method of genetic programming (GP).
7. The GenIQ Model provides a unique variable selection of important predictor variables, as it provides the ranking of the relationship between each predictor variable with the target variable – accounting for the presence of the other predictor variables jointly considered. This is in stark contrast to the statistical correlation coefficient, which provides the ranking of the linear-relationship between each predictor variable with the target variable – without considering the other predictor variables.
Value-added: Presents a hybrid statistics-ML paradigm that yields a utile alternative for DM modeling. (See article A Hybrid Statistics-Machine Learning Paradigm for DM Modeling.)
8. "The GenIQ Model expands to fill the time available for model completion – guaranteeing the best model for the allotted time.”
Value-added: See The GenIQ-Parkinson's Law.
WHO & WHY
The standard statistical models of logistic and ordinary regression for binary and continuous target variables, respectively, have two weaknesses:
GenIQ Software is the PC-based implementation of the GenIQ Model for building:
GenIQ Software has only four simple screens:
The GenIQ Model – represented as a tree – is difficult to interpret, in part, because it has no coefficients. Tyros and experienced analysts when interpreting a model unwittingly seek the regression coefficients, as they are the means to interpret the everyday logistic and ordinary regression models.
The GenIQ Model – represented as a set of "branches” – lends itself to interpretation even without coefficients. The branches, which are actually small models that are defined with a few variables, can be explained with an understanding of the content domain of the variables. Viewing the GenIQ Model as such, data analysts and end-users acquire a comfort level for using the model that is otherwise difficult to understand and accept.
Now, call Bruce at 516.791.3544, or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a date and time for a ten minute e-demonstration of the GenIQ Software, after which you can get the GenIQ demo for a 2 week trial.
Go back to Articles page.
For an eye-opening preview of the 9-step modeling process of GenIQ, click here.